Sunday, September 5, 2010

Avocado Affair

Haas Avocado
What's green and creamy and delicious? The fabulous avocado! I consider myself to be a connoisseur of sorts when it comes to this wonderful fruit. Yes, it's a fruit, a fruit that I can't resist. For example, in the summer of 2001, I gained 15 pounds from eating avocados. I am avocado greedy and shameless about my addiction to what folks in the south refer to as the "Alligator pear."  My favorite way to enjoy this fruit? On everything! I love to cube bits of this creamy green ambrosia and sprinkle it over spaghetti, curries, lentil soups, chili, and ramen. Sounds bizarre, but you have to try it if you love, love, love avocado. The rich velvety texture of the avocado compliments just about anything. However, if you aren't as adventurous as myself, try this different spin on a classic: Olive oil guacamole!

          1). Cube two large avocados into
          bite sized pieces.
 
          2). Cube two Roma tomatoes

         3). Dice a tablespoon of cilantro

         4). Dice two tablespoons of purple onion

         5). Squeeze half of small lemon

         6). One tablespoon olive oil

         7). One teaspoon black pepper

         8). Salt or spike to taste.

Mix ingredients together and serve immediately. The olive oil and avocado creates a rich guacamole and goes well with corn chips and beer, preferably a light beer. Enjoy!

cheers

Jahkotta

No comments:

Post a Comment